Salute to Veterans services were held on both Saturday and Sunday. A tribute to those who serve and remembrance of those who are no longer with us. Performances from the Third Marine Aircraft Wing Band, Los Angeles Police Emerald Society Pipes and Drums, and Los Angeles Fifes and Drum were the highpoints the services.
Some highlights of the festival…
- Approximately 15,000 visitors
- Over sixty clan booths.
- Eighteen Pipe Bands competed in eight categories.
- Athletic competition managed by the Scottish American Athletic Association, SAAA.
- Musical entertainment by Bad Haggis featuring Eric Rigler, Highland Way, The Ploughboys, and the Wicked Tinkers.
- Shows by the Royal Scottish Country Dances, and Christopher Yates.
- Vintage British Car show.
- Over 100 vendors in four different vendor areas.
Clan Wallace Booth
The booth was located at the main event entrance which provided easy access for over 100 visitors. Sixteen signed the registry with four visitors interested in becoming involved with the Clan Wallace Society. This year the Wallace booth hosted the late Edward Grant Ries’ Templars sword which was returned to the Knights Templar on Sunday morning. A special thanks to Pat and Nikki Schuller who drove all the way from Phoenix, AZ to help.
Orange County Fair and Event Center
Courtesy of Greg Wallace